- K to 9 on campus site in a rural setting
- High level of technology integration (Smartboards in every classroom, computer lab, class set of student laptops)
- Staff members have a strong sense of team, and a willingness to take risks to improve instruction
- Family-like atmosphere
- Frequent and effective communication with parents and students through agendas, emails, phone calls, progress reports
- High expectations for personal and academic success
- Frequent opportunities for student leadership (social action projects, student-led assemblies, student-led conferences, Grade 9 trip)
- Community library
There is a strong sense of community in Tomahawk School. People know and accept everyone else. Everyone is given the chance to find their niche. Because the school is small, every student has the opportunity to participate, and they eagerly seek out opportunities to try new things, through our range of complementary courses such as music, drama, art, sports, medicine, sewing, foods and more. Not all students show well on tests and not every student is athletic. The goal is to help the students find what they can be successful at, and help them in the areas where they need support.
The grass is greener here.